It has been my pleasure to design a wide range of materials for the Elton John AIDS Foundation, including their 2013 Annual Report. I started with their basic established look and feel, and extended it into a family of icons, typographical layouts, and color schemes. This project was especially fun because of the great work the foundation does.
1. Citizen University Logo Citizen University is an annual event in Seattle that brings together leaders, acclaimed luminaries, and citizens to learn and discuss the art of great citizenship. This logo was part of the complete re-branding process I did for them.
2. Website For 2014 I designed Citizen University's new website, built from the ground up.
3. Poster Since this poster would be posted alongside many others in venues around Seattle, I made the color and design pop while still showing the necessary information.
4. Memo Book Stamp As gifts for the event's attendees, I created an ink stamp that was applied to Field Notes Brand memo books. To get some (fantastic) Field Notes of your own, visit: http://fieldnotesbrand.com
5. Business Cards As part of Citizen University's re-branding, I created their business cards and letterhead.
Logos & Identity
1. Logo for Citizen University dinner event
2. Cobalt Biofuels logomark
3. Citizen University logo
4. Sustainable Business Consulting logo
5. 21 Acres farm and community center logo
6. Logomark for Guidewire Connections
7. Citizen Salon logo - an event of Citizen University
8. Logo for Made In The Valley technology organization
9. Icon for Citizen University
10. Icon for 1980s Slang poster
I created this cover design and infographic spread for a book project by Ivy Press. The full color coffee table book was designed as a visual manual for potential urban chicken keepers, and laid out the pros and cons involved.
Partners In Health Annual Report
I was honored to design the 2012 Annual Report for Partners In Health, a groundbreaking global health organization. The 55-page report incorporates PIH's style guidelines, as well as infographic elements I added to better illustrate information about the countries where PIH works. The PIH team provided design support for several sections of the report.
United Nations PBF Annual Report
I had the pleasure of designing this 2012 Annual Report for the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund. My work included developing a look and feel from the ground up, and creating layouts and templates for each section of the piece. Production and several design elements were provided by Good Luck Place Art & Design, who I teamed with on this project.
BadgEm Web App
The BadgEm Facebook application let users send fun electronic merit badges to friends and family to appreciate them for the things they do. The app was also dedicated to supporting altruistic lifestyles and good causes
My work included the illustration of each badge, as well as the brand identity, UI design, and website design.
1. Diets infographic A 2-page spread that was part of Yes! Magazine's issue about food and health.
2. Illustration For an article titled "Hazards of Manhood", describing the various cultural stigmas and obstacles that men fac.
3. Timeline infographic A 2-page spread for the Yes! issue on race and unity in America. To purchase this as a poster, visit: www.yesmagazine.org/issues/america-the-remix/progress-toward-a-multiracial-nation
Proceeds go to Yes! Magazine.
Slow Food USA
I created this booklet as part of an internship with Egg, a branding agency dedicated to socially and environmentally-focused organizations.
The Slow Food in Schools program includes education about school gardens, curriculum about local and nutritious foods, and field trips to local, sustainable food producers.
1. Planetary Puppy A postcard for Planetary Puppy, the unique balloon animal kit sold at the 826 Greewood Space Travel Supply Co. novelty store.
2. Space Traveler Poster I wrote and designed this humorous poster for Seattle 826's Greenwood Space Travel Supply Co., a novelty store and that supports a youth writing and tutoring center.
Proceeds go to the 826 Seattle youth writing and tutoring center.
3. Spacecraft Crash Report form A humorous insurance report form designed with kids in mind. Emulates traditional vehicle damage reports, but with space travel updates. This form was sold at the 826 Greewood Space Travel Supply Co. novelty store.
Partners In Health is a world-renowned Global Health organization, best known for its revolutionary and highly effective approach to community health in places like Haiti, West Africa, Rwanda, Russia, and more. It's been wonderful to work on their quarterly printed newsletter with them.
Henhouse Magazine: Infographic
Henhouse Magazine is a humorous coffee table book for urban chicken enthusiasts. I created this infographic to show average folks how to build their own chicken coop.